FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Virginia Beach, Va. – The Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation is pleased to announce 2017 grant awards totaling more than $100,000 to the following entities within the Volunteer Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach:
- Council of Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squads, Inc. (Rescue Council) – $2,600 toward the purchase of portable CO monitors for all ambulance jump bags
- Kempsville Volunteer Rescue Squad, Inc. – $5,560.50 toward the purchase of video laryngoscopes
- Ocean Park Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad – $68,941.13 toward the outfitting of one new ambulance
- Princess Anne Courthouse Volunteer Rescue Squad – $7,500 to enhance its recruitment and retention efforts
- Virginia Beach Volunteer Water Rescue Team, Inc. (Marine Rescue) – $15,772 toward the purchase of patient recovery equipment and swimmer PPE and safety gear
These grant funds will allow these groups to improve their overall operational capabilities. Grants are made annually to eligible volunteer rescue squad entities to sponsor training, equipment and community outreach related to pre-hospital emergency care.
The Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation
The Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad, Inc., as well as the entire volunteer emergency medical system in Virginia’s largest city. It is our vision to advocate for an independent and vital volunteer Virginia Beach rescue system, which provides free pre-hospital emergency care to the citizens and visitors of Virginia Beach. Foundation initiatives include recruitment, retention, advocacy and education efforts, among others. For more information, visit www.vbrescuefoundation.org.