Whether you receive daily news from an app, email, text message or delivered onto your driveway each morning, we all have our preferences.
But did you know Hampton Roads has more to offer than the average consumer realizes?
To shine a light on lesser-known local media outlets, we compiled a list of our favorites. There really is something for everyone.
1. For the Businessperson – TidewaterBiz is a new e-newsletter created by the Daily Press. TidewaterBiz is the place for business updates on either side of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. Sign up for free to get the daily e-mail delivered straight to your inbox.
2. For the Life of the Party – VB Nightlife is an events and entertainment website for weekend happenings in Virginia Beach. It also features coupons and local happy hour deals to help you better plan your night.
3. & 4. For Parents and For Women – Tidewater Family is a resource for parents and a place they can go for helpful information. The publication features local families and upcoming family-friendly events. Whether it’s back to school, children’s safety or summer camp information, you can find it all here. Tidewater Women highlights notable women in our area and focuses on issues like stress, marriage and health.
5. For the Hipster – If you’re tired of hearing the same songs on the radio everyday, you have to check out the new 102.1 The Tide. You’ll hear hometown interviews as well as alternative choices to typical “Top 40” stations.
6. For Charity Lovers – Cox cable offers “Hot Ticket” on Channel 11 with information on special events, concerts and other local attractions. You’ll also see updates on charity events and ways you can be involved in the community.
7. For Doctors and Patients – Whether you work in the healthcare field or want to monitor your own health and wellness, The Health Journal is a great place to find free advice.
8. For Military – The Jet Observer, Navy Times and The Flagship are three military publications serving the Hampton Roads area. Whether you’re in the Navy or a civilian, you can stay updated on what our military is doing locally and around the world.
9. For Event Promoters – It’s tough to know where to send event information when you’re trying to spread the word. HamptonRoads.com makes it easy. Just create a log in and password to publish your event on the site. The Virginian-Pilot uses the entries to print event info in the Hampton Roads section of the Pilot, Pulse and Inside Business.
10. For Your Next-Door Neighbor – The Shopper gives you the inside scoop on what’s going on right in your neighborhood. You can find local businesses, restaurants and real estate listings.
For more information on how to get your business featured in local media publications like these, give us a call at 456-5212.